Thread Lift Melbourne (Thread Face Lift / Suture Lift)
As aging skin loses its structure (collagen and elastin), it becomes looser and begins to sag, which contributes to a tired and aged look. A thread lift is a minimally invasive – no skin being cut away – procedure that provides immediate and long-term lifting effects. The thread itself provides an immediate natural lift, but the thread material itself also aims to stimulates natural collagen production over the next few months giving you additional progressive results. Thread lifts assists with pulling the sagging facial skin on the cheeks, eye-brows and neck, giving a smooth and fresh look.
Silhouette Soft thread lift hold an excellent safety record after correct placement. It has been well-documented through extensive clinical experience and those clinical studies performed, involved thousands of subjects (17).
A Thread lift procedure is advantageous over a surgical face lift in various factors:
- Minimally invasive procedure with local anaesthetic
- Immediate results (lifting effect)
- Long-lasting results (the threads stimulate your natural collagen)
- Painless and short-duration procedure
- Minimal downtime
- Affordable procedure appropriate for mild sagging tissue
- Dissolvable after 12 – 18 months rather than lifelong permanent thread lifts.
Thread lifts are ideal for clients who want a natural facial, brow or jawline lift without undergoing an invasive open-surgery face-lift procedure. Even with a history of great results, not everyone is suitable – a thorough assessment of skin health and realistic outcomes needs to be discussed with each client. A thread lift procedure will only be recommended to clients when we believe the outcome of the treatment will be optimal.
Dissolvable surgical threads are placed under the skin and pulled back to lift the soft tissue and overlying skin. Essentially the lift attempts to oppose the ageing process by tightening sagging skin, especially in the jawline, neck and jowls. It is also effective in lifting heavy eyelids and drooping eyebrows. Once the threads are introduced into the skin, it triggers the human skin’s natural self-healing abilities (stimulating the fibroblasts and the collagen production (13)). This action continues over time after the immediate procedure to increase the lift gradually and naturally.
The thread itself is naturally broken down by your body over 12 – 18 months, however the natural collagen that has been stimulated by the thread remains. Of course as we all continue to naturally age over time we may notice additional heaviness and you may wish to have another treatment at a later stage.
As the procedure is minimally invasive with no skin being cut away, the treatment is performed within a medical clinic in an hour with minimal downtime. Some of the results are seen immediately, while continual lift is seen over time as your own skin is stimulated by the threads to produce new collagen to additionally boost the lifting process.
Some local anaesthetic is used to provide maximum comfort during your treatment. The thread lift stitches are then inserted at key locations (most often in the hairline) and pulled back to a desired lifted position to give a more defined appearance by removing shadowing, lifting heaviness and sagging.
Popular treatment areas for Silhouette Soft threads include: lifting of the cheeks and mid face, lifting the eyebrows for brighter eyes, redefining the jawline and reducing the heaviness of the jowls.
Our thread lift procedure is performed by our cosmetic doctor after a thorough consultation. Our thread lift procedure is from $2250.
Most of our clients report mild discomfort. Local anesthetic is used at the initial thread entry point with a reported treatment discomfort level of 3-4 out of 10. The lower face may feel sensitive for a few days after the procedure and any bruising that may occurs usually subsides within a few days to a week.
At Ohana Cosmetic Medicine we specialise in providing competitively priced total face treatment packages combining all treatment options such as anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers and skin treatments to achieve a holistic and natural result.
Silhouette Soft thread lift is made in the USA. It has been developed after 6 years of research in permanent suspension sutures with cones used in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
With its unique cone technology, Silhouette Soft sutures remain in place, preventing any risks of migration or extrusion. Three years after the launch, the adverse-effect rate for Silhouette Soft® was recorded at 0.029% (Source: Internal Safety Report). So far, more than 130.000 treatments have been performed in over 60 countries.
After the treatment, some temporary mild swelling or bruising may occur which resolves on its own. Sometimes a slight dimple or ripples may appear at the needle entry points – these disappear after a few days. After the lift, threads take a few weeks to settle into place and integrate properly with the skin for a completely smooth and natural look.
As with any procedure, there are risks and complications that may arise following a thread lift.
- Outcome not up to expectations – our doctors consult with all patients to expected outcomes and explain limited or subtle enhancements they can expect from thread lifts. As we are unable to predict each individual’s collagen response or healing response it is important to be aware that results can vary greatly from patient to patient.
- Bruising and swelling may occur immediately after the procedure – This is natural, and you can expect it to resolve on its own.
- Infections – If you have an infection in the treated area, your doctor will prescribe antibiotics.
- Visible threads – Sometimes a slight dimple or ripples may appear at the needle entry points – these disappear after a few days. This can occur more frequently in patients with thin skin. After the lift, threads take a few weeks to settle into place and integrate with the skin for a completely smooth and natural look.
- Numbness or lack of sensitivity – These sensations will usually disappear within weeks but contact your doctor if they persists.
- Threads migrating or breaking – On rare occasions, sutures shift from where they were placed. A broken thread can cause imbalance and dimpling. The simplest solution is to insert a new thread.
- Apply cold packs immediately after the procedure if required (Cold packs should be wrapped to avoid direct contact with skin and insertion point)
- You may want to take anaelgesia e.g. paracetamol in case of any discomfort (2-3 days)
- Keep your head elevated during the first day to reduce swelling
- Sleep face up, elevated on pillows (3-5 nights)
- Wash, shave and dry face gently without rubbing or massaging (5 days)
- Refrain from applying make-up for as long as possible (minimum 24 hours)
- Avoid over-exposure to direct sunlight and do not use tanning beds (2 weeks)
- Avoid face and neck massages and facial aesthetic treatments (4 weeks)
- Avoid sports, in particular high impact sports e.g. running (2 weeks)
- Avoid dental surgery (3 weeks)
- Avoid excessive face and neck movements (2 weeks)